Forecast the financial operations of the hotel while managing hotels assets and ensuring a centralised accounting environment. At Holiday Inn we want people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Prepare hotel and department budgets and financial forecasts and reporting.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
Maintain relations with outside contacts including owners, asset managers, guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts and inventories; ensure ethical accounting practices in compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Distribute outlook and forecast information as an up-to-date management tool for departments to identify cost savings.
Educational Requirement: Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration